Murray Makes Maiden Trip To Meydan Racecourse
by Press Release|
Andy Murray, who is the third seed for the Men's Open at the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships next week, enjoyed his first visit to the races in Dubai on Friday evening.
The Scot, currently No. 3 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings, visited the recently-opened spectacular Meydan Racecourse in Dubai for the ultimate horse racing experience.
Murray, aged 22, enjoyed a tour of the new venue — the new home of the Dubai World Cup — and met with jockey Kieren Fallon in the Parade Ring immediately following the third race of the evening.
Last month's Australian Open finalist also met with Meydan dignitaries Saeed Mohd Al Mutawa – Public Relations Manager, and Mohammed Abdulla Al Hathboor – Project Development Manager for the course.
- Djokovic Beats Berdych To Win Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Bhupathi Wins Fifth Dubai Title With Llodra
- Djokovic And Berdych To Content Final Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Djokovic To Play Del Potro; Federer Faces Berdych In Dubai SFs
- Del Potro Reaches Semi-Finals Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Berdych Takes A Spin