Bhupathi/Bopanna To Face Polish Power In Final
by Press Release|
Fourth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna reached their first ATP World Tour final together on Friday as they defeated Austrians Julian Knowle and Alexander Peya 7-6(2), 7-6(7) in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships semi-finals.
The Indians joined forces full-time at the start of the 2012 season and have reached two semi-finals at the Aircel Chennai Open (l. to Erlich/Ram) and at last week’s Open 13 in Marseille (l. to Brown/Tsonga). The 37-year-old Bhupathi is bidding to win the Dubai title for the fourth time, having lifted the trophy in 1998 (w/Paes), 2004 (w/Santoro) and 2008 (w/Knowles).
In the final they will face the ‘Polish Power’, Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who defeated Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram 6-4, 3-6, 10-4 in 76 minutes. The third seeds are through to their first final of the season.
- Djokovic Beats Berdych To Win Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Bhupathi Wins Fifth Dubai Title With Llodra
- Djokovic And Berdych To Content Final Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Djokovic To Play Del Potro; Federer Faces Berdych In Dubai SFs
- Del Potro Reaches Semi-Finals Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Berdych Takes A Spin