Llodra/Zimonjic, Lindstedt/Tecau Fall In QFs
by Press Release|
Julian Knowle and Alexander Peya edged past top seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic 7-6(3), 7-6(2) in one hour and 40 minutes on Thursday at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Knowle and Peya lost 20 points on serve and converted three of nine break point opportunities.
Fourth-seeded Indians Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who are seeking their first ATP World Tour final as a pair, will next play Knowle and Peya after topping Paul Hanley and Jamie Murray 6-3, 6-3 in 64 minutes.
In the bottom half of the draw, Israelis Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram lost only nine points on serve to account for second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau 6-1, 6-2 in just 58 minutes.
They go onto face third-seeded Poles Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who advanced to the semi-finals after they beat Michael Kohlmann and Sergiy Stakhovsky 7-6(4), 6-3 in 83 minutes.
- Djokovic Beats Berdych To Win Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Bhupathi Wins Fifth Dubai Title With Llodra
- Djokovic And Berdych To Content Final Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Djokovic To Play Del Potro; Federer Faces Berdych In Dubai SFs
- Del Potro Reaches Semi-Finals Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Berdych Takes A Spin