2012 Year In Review
by Press Release|
The 2012 Championships celebrated the 20th Anniversary of the men’s event in style, with some of the most exciting matches ever staged in Dubai. Over 100,000 spectators enjoyed two weeks of thrilling tennis, and a fortnight of entertainment and activities in the tennis village. The event again attracted the world’s best players, with eight of the Top 10 men and six of the Top 10 women heading the line ups.
Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska took her maiden Dubai title against unseeded Julia Goerges of Germany, while Roger Federer reigned supreme for the fifth time, beating Britain’s Andy Murray who had upset World No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.
The Championships was once again honoured with the ATP World Tour 500 Tournament of the Year for 2011. This is the eighth time in the past decade that the tournament has won this award, and was a fitting way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary.
- Federer Makes It Six At Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- One Lucky Fan Wins Emirates Ball Flight Promotion
- Federer To Face Berdych In Final Of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Djokovic And Federer To Clash At Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Jaziri's Run Comes To An End As Kohlschreiber Moves Into Semi-finals
- Federer Survives Scare At Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships